only myself and a small percentage of the population understands the significance of this title, this picture, this post, this evening, this girl, this divisive moment, this everything.[everyone has a secret, aw can they keep it? oh no, they can't.]
friday night: conversation number three. (2 outta 3 ain't bad.)
i should stop such talk, it's getting too close. at damn near three feet away, it's too damn close. boy oh boy, what am i to do with you?
what's an antonym for magical?
you owe me.
end scene.
pan left.
so she's running, running for a cause. girl's got hammies and six-pack like you wouldn't believe. she's running with her father-in-law, for her father-in-law, her father-in-law's got MS and her father-in-law's got nothing but deterioration and decadence in his future. so she's running, running for a cause. she runs all the time, girl's got a body like you wouldn't believe. bitch is running, running, running, her kids and husband waiting at the finish line, and she's running, running the shit outta the MS 10K. she's running, running, and her leg, right? her leg starts to go numb. she's like, hey hey hey, hold up, everyone, hold up a second...hold up just a goddamn second, and she slows to a jog and this leg of hers, this leg rippled with definition, it's numb, it's fucking numb. she's gotta walk, thinking it must be some cramp or something, or something, or something...just a cramp or something in the middle of this 10K race for MS, the run for the cure, the run, and she was just running, running...just running, running, running, and her leg goes numb...
i think this is what them folks in the city call 'irony'...
a better phrase to employ is certainly 'situational irony,' but it's not as dramatic.
and i'm all about dramatic.
[i'm an addict for dramatics; i confuse the two for love.]
rubber city, a crippling economy.
rubber legs, crippled for life.
rubbers, our broken secret.
[i'm an addict for dramatics; i confuse the two for love.]
rubber city, a crippling economy.
rubber legs, crippled for life.
rubbers, our broken secret.

please stop that zeplin it's gonna crash !
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe beginning segment of this entry, I have read at least a few dozen times now - even still, I feel that I've only scratched the surface of what lies beneath...no, I know that I have seen so little already, I am still ignorant and I still have a much greater journey ahead of me. "End Scene" and up – I find myself utterly anxious, drawn…. Its like staring at something so real and beautiful and yet having no idea what it is that you're looking at. Maybe I'm simply an alien to this world. Its unsettling being in the dark, that’s why they created night lights after all. But why is it that I am so drawn in by these few lines in particular....they are so cryptic that the secret behind them escapes me...maybe this is why, I just cant help but wonder why they feel the need to escape. And at the same time, its so obvious why they flee – I mean, I would know, I was there after all when I sat up late staring into the exact same stars making vain wishes to God’s that I knew that I did not believe in. This gives me chills - it near makes me sick for some reason. Words are an incredible thing....and yet, they are often times considered the most credible. (ha)...they are so wonderful, reaching lengths that nobody else could ever dream possible. They are the rockets we send into space – propelled by nothing else but our bullshit streaming behind as we pray that our lies will be enough to reach the end. Cryptic secrets - We all have them. They are a part of us, or is it that we make them a part of us? Is it the case that maybe we simply want something to call our own in this hellish world? Something that nobody else can have or take from us - Our secrets, our lies….It’s never easy to be vulnerable, in fact I dare say that it’s down right stupid to allow oneself to be…but so is standing up in the line of fire in order to protect an ideal or a family that you love back home. War never changes, and so too, neither does love. Only fools go to war you see- why risk it all when you can simply sit at home and remain ignorant? It’s because you’re in love of course, you have something to protect, even if its your own ego….then why does anybody fall in love? Because only truly beautiful things are worth fighting for – True men understand this. A Greek mind understands that life is limited and it is through its finite nature that humans, and only humans may do things displaying true courage….if one finds himself able to give his life for that which he loves, then truly he is a lucky man. There is so little time left in this life, I give more of my life every day and soon I will find myself exhausted without remain. What a lucky man I am to put myself on the line every day of my life – some day I will give my life knowing that I gave my life to another and was able to die still clutching tightly to that love….I lived my life with courage each and every day, I remained open to shared my heart. Truly, I am a lucky man, for not every man can die as courageously as I will have.
ReplyDeleteI have a lot to say to you about this post. "(2 outta 3 ain't bad.)"
ReplyDeleteWhat you need to know, and more importantly, what you need to BELIEVE is that two out of three is bad. And you're worth more than that. Drama =/= Love. Love is, or should be, deeper than that. If you're doing "two out of three" you're settling. And settling isn't good.
I'd like to say that I learned that a long time ago or something along those lines; however, it isn't true. I'm still in the process of believing these words myself.
It's a struggle, yes, but it's something in which you're not alone. And maybe a small percentage understand truly, but I'd like to think that by reading this I'm beginning to understand. And it's probably because I feel, but more /felt/, the same way. But there's a way out, and the way is through one thing alone: self love.
Learn to love yourself first, and you'll soon realize not to accept "two out of three."
Easier said than done, as always.
Maybe I read too much into this.. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I feel this is the direction this post is going, and I'd like you to know that you're very much the opposite of alone in this.